Questions One Should Ask During an Annual Checkup
- Posted on: May 23 2017
So it’s that time of the year again. Your spouse proved too determined for you or your nagging sibling finally managed to have his or her way and you are scheduled for an annual checkup in a few days time. No amount of grumbling, groaning and trying to explain to people that there’s nothing wrong with you will get you out of this situation, so better make the most of it. The only way to do this is to make a list of “What questions should one ask during an annual checkup?” Though they may loathe admitting this, even the most annoyed ones know the importance of this annual checkup—healthcare is becoming more and more expensive and the age-old adage “Prevention is better than cure” was never truer than now.
For those at a loss wondering “What questions should one ask during an annual checkup,” here’s a helpful guide:
• How does my blood pressure read?
• Should I be worried about my weight?
• How did my tests go?
• Do I need to change anything in my current diet and/or exercise plan?
• Are there any vaccinations up for me?
• Should I continue with the medicines that I am on now?
• Is there any need for me to check my cholesterol levels?
• Were there any risk factors for diabetes?
• Do you think that at my age, I should start taking an aspirin daily to keep away heart attacks?
When trying to figure out what questions should one ask during an annual checkup, the afore-mentioned ones are the usual suspects—the ones that one and all should put forward to their physicians. However, this is definitely not the end of a “What questions should one ask during an annual checkup” list.
When jotting down a list of what questions should one ask during an annual checkup, make sure you attach a copy of your family’s medical history—especially that of your parents and siblings. Then make it a point that you ask your physician if there is something specific in your family history that puts you at a greater risk of contracting a disease.
When creating the list of what questions should one ask during an annual checkup, women should definitely remember to ask these:
• Do you think it is time I measured my bone density to check for osteoporosis or its risks?
• Do you think I should get tested for Chlamydia infection?
You have the “What questions should one ask during an annual checkup” list ready. Now shoot these at us. We, at PrimeMedical, have the answers to all your questions. Call us at 310-548-0201 to not only get the answers, but also a personalized health care plan to help you lead an active, healthy, and long life.
Posted in: Uncategorized